Wednesday, December 28, 2005

End of 2005, beginning of a New

It is this time of year that we always take a moment to reflect on just how fast life goes by. If you have children you can understand even more what I am saying. We have 2 sons, Jordan age 17 and Jake age 14. Both boys are in high school, one just beginning and one on his way out. It just doesn't seem like 17 years ago Danny and I were complaining about not getting any sleep or a baby that was fussy or who was going to change his diaper. Now, of course, we can't imagine that we ever complained. It just wasn't that big of a deal. Jordan took his first "road trip" last weekend and I worried about how he was going to manage without us. He was fine, a blow out on Hwy 40 and all.

It is nice to take time to reflect on what is really important in life. Your family, your spirituality and your community. The top priorities kept in prospective will keep you happy. Try not to get bogged down by extra stuff that doesn't fit into one of those categories. Appreciate everyday and at the end of the day ask yourself what did I do to make sure that neither of those three things suffered today.

Thanks to my family for keeping me focused, my faith for keeping me grounded and my community for accepting us. Here's to a great new year.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Wine Cottage said...

Thanks Ben for your readership. In my little blog world I forget that others may stumble upon it. Thanks for stumbling and good luck with the parks.

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home