Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Sideways goes to Sweden

The day I arrived to Sweden, my Swedish boss, Christer Jonsson, tells me that there is a showing of Sideways at the local theater and they will be doing a tasting of imported California Pinots. I couldn't believe it. I had heard that sideways had made a big splash worldwide but to encounter it personally was pretty amazing. I was not able to attend due to a previous engagement but it would have been great to do a personal story on the event.

I am having a good time learning all about a different culture and language. The people here in Sweden are wonderful and hospitable. I miss all my family and friends but I appreciate the opportunity I am experiencing here. They laugh at me when I try to say words in Swedish but I think they just like to tease me.

I went to dinner at a upscale, award winning restaurant, PM & Friends. We were treated to a multi course meal which started with mousse of herring and avocado with a cracker, salad and dried beet, mushroom soup, and a main course of deer prepared with a sweet cherry sauce. Then for dessert they brought us a dollop of ice cream and fresh berries. I paired my deer with a Barbara from Spain. It was lovely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home