Monday, June 25, 2007

Greetings From Needles

Hello from Needles!
Hi guys! Just got done reading my good friend Dawn's blog from her last trip the her "happy place." I have to agree, only good things happen at the wine cottage. I didn't hang out nearly as much as she did that weekend, but when we all got together, it was a great time.

Just wanted to invite you all down to come hear me play guitar and sing Saturday July 14th. I will be making the trek all the way from Needles just to play for you guys, so hopefully you can get out and support me after my 6 hour drive:) I will have not one, but two awesome guitarists playing with me that night, so expect great music to be filling up that back patio. My brother Bob Haskins, and good friend Dennis Reese will be playing for the first time in a public outing. Both are amazing musicians and I am priveledged to have them accompany on my songs. So show your support for Dennis by coming out and listening. As usual I have a few familiar covers I'll be doing, Robert Earl Keen, Reckless Kelly & Cross Canadian Ragweed. If you haven't heard them, check em' out. You won't be disappointed, I promise.

Also, my brother Bob and I will be making a cd the morning after we play at th Wine Cottage, and coming up in July, I am entering about seven of my original songs in the ISC (International Songwriting Competition). As you would suspect, none of this stuff comes cheap, so if you want to contribute to the starving artist fund, there will be a sizable tip jar for those feeling generous to their favorite California Blonde:)

I look forward to my visit down to the Wine Cottage, as usual. Rebecca and Aimee are always wonderful hosts, and took a chance on letting me entertain their valuable guests that stop by to enjoy a great meal. I look forward to seeing you all there, and strumming my old guitar for you! Head on down to the Wine Cottage Saturday July 14th. Thanks all, I'll see you soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home